Monday, August 6, 2012

The Vet in Me

Today I was taken back down memory lane.

During the first two summers of college I worked for a veterinarian and enjoyed it immensely. 

In fact, if I had worked for them before I went to college, I more than likely would have studied to become a vet.

And then I would have to live on a farm to have enough room for all of the animals that would come home with me.  And I would not be married to Mike anymore... he couldn't deal with all my adopted orphans. 

In fact he told me he had one rule during the time I filled in - NO MORE PETS!  And just in my defense, he was the one to bring home the last pet - Bob the Turtle... or Bobby for short!

I have had the opportunity to work for the same family again at their new clinic, just to fill in until they can find a replacement for an employee who gave them a one day notice that she was quitting.  However, the three hours that I worked today was SO much fun.  I forgot how much fun it was to be around people AND their pets. 

People are crazy about their pets.  I love hearing the stories of people's pets.  Some people are sincerely IN LOVE with their pets.  For real.  They talk more about their pets than I do my children (and that's saying a LOT).

It was a fun morning and I am looking forward to helping out again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...