Thursday, August 2, 2012

Don't Blink July!

It is just amazing to me how fast July was here and gone!  The summer was going by at such a nice pace.

And then JULY happened.  Or did it?  I really can't remember!

July was a fun month, though!

  • We had a visit from our dear friend Jaime (or Auntie Jewels), and Andrew and I played in our first golf tournament with Jaime and Mike.
  • Andrew worked on his skills as a fish.  He actually took swimming lessons (for the second week this summer) from the lady who taught me how to swim oh so many years ago!  He is now swimming by himself from one end of my parents' pool to the other!  He has grown gills!
  • Ryan's little personality keeps blooming and blooming.  Which in turns means that Mike keeps looking at me and saying, "Never mind, he is yours!"  I got in trouble for this, but he HAD to have his toe nails painted when I was painting mine.  I told him, "No, you're a boy. Boys don't paint their nails." But it is hard to argue with a two year-old in tears screaming, "No, mom, I BOY, I BOY!!! I bugs on them!"  So despite the remarks and intervention attempts from Mike and other family members...he has had blue-greenish toenails for the past two weeks that he is VERY proud of!
  • We made it over to see my inlaws and play at the lake WITH Mike the last full week of July!  It was a great time!!!  We took our good family friends aka Mike's "other wife" (his best friend...separated from birth I swear) along with us too.  We took boat rides, rode the jet ski, ate yummy "night treats" and Andrew SKIED!  I'll share a video soon!  (I even got up on one ski this time!)
  • Ryan is all about the knock-knock jokes right now!  He is quite the comedian!  His knock-knock jokes go something like this...
Ryan: Knock, knock
Mom: Who's there?
Ryan: Ladybug
Mom: Ladybug who?
Ryan: Did ya get that?

  • Ryan walked in with a massive booger on his finger and said, "Look mom, a BIG one!" "Ew! Yuck, Ryan! Let's put that one in the trash." "No! Mom, I eat it!" "No sir! Let's go get some tissue."  "No!" Gulp. "Yucky, Ryan! We don't eat boogers!" Ryan shrugs.  "Want some mommy?"
It's been a good summer.  And I am SO blessed and thankful that I have had the opportunity to witness every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...