Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Just a Few Handfuls of Love...

I hate to admit that I just uncovered this draft...and I have no idea why it didn't get published for the world to have this very, ahem!, important update from the Hansen homestead.  (This had to have been started around April, maybe...oops!)
  • Andrew is a funny kid and he has a great, fun loving personality.  I have really enjoyed him the last several days.  It is nothing that he has done.  It really is all me.  It's funny because I know that I am a good mom.  I at least try my hardest to be.  Andrew is a great kid, just very independent, self-reliant and bullheaded.  The red headed temper doesn't help much either.  This past Saturday was the first time since we have moved and I have been staying at home 5 days a week (working part-time for a university) that I have felt like a REALLY good stay-at-home mom.  It made me sad to think about everything I have missed, but gratefully and completely blessed to be finding my path to what life can be like for all of us in our new journey.  (Update: As you know, I am now thankful to be able to stay at home full time with my little red and blond headed monsters!)

  • Speaking of Andrew being a funny kid... Tonight at the dinner table Mike asked Andrew if he had told anyone at school about going fishing and making a catch (family trip to the pond on the golf course last night).  Andrew said, "Ah, man, no! I told myself I was going to remember, but I didn't."  Mike said, "Boy, you sound like your mom."  To which Andrew replied, "Well, I better change my voice, ahem, ahem!" he said clearing his throat.

  • Ryan's favorite song right now is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."  He has just been singing it randomly out of the blue.  His little voice becomes so high and sweet sounding.  He will sing and sing until he gets to "like a diamond in the sky"... and then he gets stuck, like a record player (if anyone can remember what those are) and he sings that one line over and over and over and over again until you help him continue on.  It is pretty funny.  We counted eleven times before my sister couldn't take it any more and helped him get to the end of the song.

  • Andrew is playing t-ball this spring.  He is in the "competitive" t-ball group.  It is amazing to sit back and watch the dynamics of the parents of each team we have played so far.  Our team's parents are very laid back, positive and cheerful.  The parents of the team that we played last week were intense, focused and yelled a LOT.  Might I remind you that while we are on the "competitive" side of the league that these kids are just 5 and 6 years-old. 1.2.3.4.5 & 6.  We had to chuckle under our breath at one mom who was KEEPING STATS and argued with the 13 year-old umpire about how many runs they had during one of the innings.  Ridiculous.  What happened to letting kids have fun?  Especially at school these days!  But that is a soap box to be saved for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...