Thursday, June 28, 2012

A 30 Day Challenge

I feel like I need to do a quick (or not so quick, based on all the thoughts swimming around in my head) check-in for myself regarding my emotions and feelings at this point in our new way of living.

Change is hard, no matter if you don't mind it or not, but thankfully God is on our side and in total control as long as we give up the driver's seat.  This is what I have had to re-learn (and a little bit the hard way) recently.

Thankfully I have met an amazing group of women on FIRE for God and Jesus Christ.  And the introduction to these wonderful ladies came from a fast friend who is just the sweetest gal in the world. 

She brought over chocolate and a southern sweet tea and left it on my doorstep when Ryan was down in the dumps (literally, no need to elaborate on this fond memory!).  So sweet.  (And, yes, Mike drank the tea since I don't like tea... but it was the thought that absolutely counted!  And what decent southern lady doesn't like tea?!?)

I have never in my life felt so close to the Lord and wanting to learn more and read more of His Word. 

I have been working on a 30 day challenge to read the Bible and ONLY the Bible.  Not even Christian related books... just the good-ole B.I.B.L.E.

I'm glad to tell you that I am on day 28 and holding strong!

At first I had this incredible itch to pick up any book, just anything and started reading.  I have gathered "The Five Love Languages of Children", "Have a New Kid in Five Days" (Really?? How could I not pick up that promise!), and a great marriage book that my parents gave us for our anniversary (they must have been worried about our one night stand!) over the first two weeks of this challenge and yearned to start reading one of them.  But I held strong. 

And, whew!, it has been a ride of my life!

I have learned SO much about myself, and not just myself... about my Heavenly Father, my creator.

Did you know He is JEALOUS for me?!  Jealous for me!!!  I just am enthralled with basking in this perfectly true love.

God always has a way to blossom goodness, beauty and love out of everything.  Why would I ever doubt him on any path He leads me?

Amazing.  God is good.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...