Wednesday, October 3, 2012

New Dog Learning Old Tricks

Just call me "Modern Millie"...

Before moving to our new locale, I thought I was hip, cool, collected, together... A  truly MODERN woman!

WRONG!

 Full-time job, full-time mom, full-time wife - and more often than not in that order!  I was not a rock-star or superwoman at any of it!  I was paddling upstream with one broken high heel as my oar. 

Have you seen the Got Milk? commercials with Salma Hayek (Penelope Cruz's look-alike) frantically searching for milk?  That is what I now realize I felt like (and quite possibly looked like)!

Then, BOOM!, God said "Melody, child of mine, REST in me!" HUH?!?!  Rest...what is that!  I don't have time to rest, God... you have given me two full-of-life little blessings, I have things to do, some of them for you (what!?!), and you want me to rest??? 

Hold the presses! 

1. How was I doing "things" in honor of my Father without His blessing?  He was telling me to REST, right, yet I thought I was busy doing work FOR Him?

2.  How was I living out my first calling to my Father if I was not honoring my husband by putting Mike second only to God on my totem pole?  (1 Peter 3:1-6)

3.  How was I mothering my children and showing them God's love when my focus was never, let's be blantly honest, fixed on them?  (Proverbs 22:6)

Man, it is SO good to finally have opened eyes, an open heart and mind to the TRUTH!  How many other beautiful women of God have been listening to half-truths of their worth in the home?  Ladies, the enemy is out working, spinning these lies, twisting them so that they sound true. 

I no longer want to be "I am woman hear me roar!"  I yearn and strive each day to belong to my Heavenly Father, my husband and my children. 

That is where I have found myself. Thoroughly Modern Millie, as I now call myself.  I am a modern daughter, wife and mother learning some wonderful tricks of old. 

As Ryan so sweetly sings these days, "The Bible tells me so..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...