Sunday, October 14, 2012

Handful's Sunday Comics

It's about time I documented some silly happenings around here...

Believe me, there have been enough to keep anyone in stitches of laughter!  But I'll share some of my favorites of late:

1. Ryan is still on the kick of "knock-knock jokes"... and his favorite one is still: "Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "Bug." "Bug who?" "Did you get that???" With lots of silly, 2 year-old belly laughter to follow!  Nothing better!

2. Andrew has been pretty serious about his swim team and practice.  He has been staying in the pool when his age group is done with practice and the older groups keep going for another 30 minutes.  When asked to get out of the pool he replies "Just one more lap mom, please! Remember, I'm trying to be an Olympic swimmer one of these days! Gee, can you not let me just practice hard?" Oh, what I would give to be 5 going on 20 again!

3. Hide-and-Go-Seek has become a very favorite game for both of the boys.  Just yesterday my mom was over and playing the beloved game with Ryan.  She found him under a big reclining chair and asked if he was stuck.  It was very apparent he was.  He adamantly said, "No, grandma, I NO-it stuck!" Pause for a little bit of a struggle under the chair... "Umm, grandma, I can't get out!" 

4. Andrew was out helping my dad in their yard. Of course not because he is being a good, thoughtful and helpful grandson, but because he was "working" to be paid for "helping".  He is saving up money for a plastic (very plastic) bow and arrow set, an electric scooter, an IPod, a DS... you get the picture, he will be picking up a LOT of sticks in the yard for 25 cents per hour!  I guess you can't discourage a man with a vision...

5. During one of these "working" sessions with my dad, Andrew was asked to bring down an empty trash can that was standing right by a wagon.  The same wagon that my dad had just laid down a fresh cup of coffee.  Andrew picked up the handle of the wagon...my dad called out, "Andrew, we don't need the wagon.  We just need the trash can." "Oh," was Andrew's reply.  My dad walked up to where Andrew was, looked down and saw his coffee mug turned over on its side, coffee everywhere.  "Andrew, did you knock over my coffee?"  "Huh? Oh, no, grandpa...the wind did it."  "Andrew, do you feel any wind?"  "Uhhhh, nope grandpa..." "Andrew, are you telling me a story?"  "Well, gee grandpa, most people buy my stories!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...