Monday, May 21, 2012

Hansen Sunday Comics (on Monday)

And-a-one...And-a-two... It is time to have some silly fun with you!

Here are some of the crazy, bizarre and precious moments of late...

  • Ryan has been a dumpster-bottomless pit-never full-devouring-everything-in-sight monster.  I was cooking dinner last night and he kept coming in whining, crying, stamping his little feet for "mooore cheesssse! moooore fishies!  mooooore crackers! PUHleez mommmmy!"  I walked away from the kitchen for two seconds and came back in to see the box of Goldfish slide off the counter and hear Ryan happily sing-song "Ryan got the fishies.  I did it! I did it!"  He whipped around the corner SO proud of himself until he saw me, and then turned on his little heels and bolted in a diapered-blur for the door.  He is growing so FAST right before our eyes!  Much too fast. 

  • Andrew lost his second tooth yesterday!  He came over to show me how far his tooth could "stretch."  I asked him if I could wiggle it to see and he hesitantly let me.  Boy, was it loose!  He wouldn't let me touch it again, but with my encouragement he pulled it one time and POP!  It was out!  His little lisp with both bottom teeth out is just so stinkin' cute!

  • It is now officially summer in the Hansen household.  We were invited over to our first pool party of the summer on Saturday.  We all had a blast, especially the boys being surrounded by other little boys and water.  We marked the start of summer by Mike and I both performing the daring race into the pool fully clothed to fish out the two-year old.  Who, by the way, just screamed "Ryan swim, Ryan swim!" as we pulled him up to safety.

  • Is bigger better?  I live with three boys who say, "YES!"  Last night this was proven.  Andrew said "AWESOME, Dude!", Mike had a goofy grin and Ryan woke up and said "Wow-wee!"  And now I can see Kevin Durant's NOSE HAIR as I watch the Thunder on our new 55" TV.  Seriously.  (Go Thunder!)

  • We are in the middle of potty training.  Nothing too serious, but just a little acknowledgement of his interest.  It is amazing how your memory fails you sometimes.  I truly can't remember the steps we took with Andrew.  I know every child is different, but sure would have helped to have something written down or memory of it left somewhere (like in my brain).  Call me crazy, but I am really not into reading all of the "how to" potty books.  It will happen when it happens. For now it is so cute watching Andrew encourage Ryan to use the "froggy" (training toilet).  Don't ask how it got that name...

  • It's great and wonderful to have friends visit us from our last stomping grounds.  Until they teach your children things... like lines from movies.  I have a cute wipe-off weekly menu that my mother-in-law made me for Christmas.  On it is our weekly menu for this week. It served as inspiration for the lesson taught.  I walk into the living room where the boys were playing together and our family friend says "Ryan, what do you tell mom?"  Ryan (the two year-old) grins up at me and says "Mom, meatloaf!"  Nice!  This has now been repeated continuously over the last two days.  (Thank you Wedding Crashers, and thank you friend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...