Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rosie, My Lovely Cookbook

I dare say that in this new life as part-time mommy, part-time professional working gal, I have had a little bit more time to organize our home life.  I have been inspired by the numerous binders that others have put together to organize their lives, such as my friend Megan from Tales of the Trees

I started slow by making a binder I created to hold our most favorite, quick and easy recipes as well as organize our weekly meals and grocery needs list.  I thought this was pretty good.  I was very proud of myself and impressed that I kept it up a whole month.

THEN, I went to this great kitchen store in my new, old community.  And found something insanely similar to what I created on my own BUT prettier, sweeter, cooler, sugar-coated, jeepers-creepers and SO much more awesome than what I had thrown together.

I was instantly in love.

There is something about a DIY project.  And the idea of saving time, money and resources to do it yourself.

But WHY I ask?  Why! when it is all right there gleaming up at you from the shelf saying "Look at me! I am so pretty!  I can make you so much more organized than that piece of junk you have sitting on your self at home!"

And oh how right she was.  Yes, she...  She does have a name - Rosie.  Rosie the Hansen Cookbook.

Say "hi", Rosie...



She has so many assets and is voluminous in so many ways.
She came with her own sheet protectors.  This is where I keep my weekly meal planners. 
I just slip the new one for the week in front of the previous week's.

I place the recipe cards that correlate with the meals of the week in front following the weekly meal planner.
Aren't they so pretty!  Gosh, it makes me want to whip up a recipe right now!

She came with this darling folder to store those recipes you clip from magazines as well as lovely tabbed dividers to separate all of those recipe cards.  I simply swap them back and forth from the ones I am using that week. 

Could she be more brilliant?  I don't think so!


I'm completely in love...

You can find ones just like Rosie HERE at Distinctive Decor.

Please note: I purchased my cookbook at Distinctive Decor and was not asked to give a review of any kind.  I just really love this idea and thought it was so brilliant I had to have it for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...