Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Great Work Roadtrip, Part I

Traveling with family is always interesting and lots of fun.

But when you travel with co-workers it can be something you look forward to or something you might dread.

Fortunately, I enjoy traveling with the dean of the college I currently work with. 

We are in the middle of a week-long road trip through Texas meeting with university alumni along our way to Houston, and then on to San Antonio before flying home. 

This is one of the reasons I absolutely love my job.  I love listening to the stories of what the university, education, career, family and life means to those we meet.  It is so much fun to meet new people, continue relationships with those we have met before, and have wonderful conversations.

Road trip happenings so far:
  • Balance is needed when getting lost.  I get us lost, he gets us lost... has to be give and take.
  • Dairy Queen stops are a necessity.  Blizzards are sustenance.
  • Missing my family is a given.  But it is so much fun to hear Andrew (my 5 year-old) say, "What's up, mom? You doin' good?"  Gosh!  He is getting SO big, and sounds so old.
  • Being in a car for 2+ hours at a time = Dr. Barthell needing a break from me! (ha!)
  • Seeing 6 alumni in 2 days is just the beginning!
Two days down, three days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...