Saturday, January 14, 2012

Moving Tip #2

Today marks the first day of our move. 

Last night our family came into town to watch Andrew's basketball game.  There is nothing better than two sets of grandparents, three aunts, two uncles, a cousin, mom and brother cheering you on.  (Mike was bringing up the  infamous trailer and didn't make it in time for the game.)

Andrew was beaming ear to ear the entire game. 

Since it is a four year-old league, they don't keep score... but you better believe the family was keeping track. 

This morning Mike's parents are heading over to help us finish off some odds and ends.  You know, like cleaning out the garage, beginning the cleaning process... and taking the Christmas lights off the house.

We thought about leaving them on the house as a nice housewarming present for the new home owners.

Which brings me to Moving Tip #2:  Leaving a Housewarming Gift for the New Home Owners.  

After waiting and waiting for someone to have that magic spark of love for your home (after developing a complex about yourself because no one likes your home as much as you do), I feel like I need to leave something nice behind to say "welcome" and a huge "thank you!" for buying our home and allowing us to be a family under one roof again.

I thought about leaving the wreath I made on our front door.  But selfishly, I love it and I was not willing to give it up.  Yes, even though I could make another one.  (I have a picture that shows it closer, but this is the best one I could find at the moment.  The verse on the door below the wreath is "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.")


Then I thought, well, I guess I could make a wreath for the new owner.  Honestly, when would I have the time to do that among the packing and cleaning and stressing.

I had a thought about leaving a candle, but how would I know that they would like their house to smell like the scent I chose.

Just so overwhelming.

Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...