Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hansen Sunday Comics

Some of our funny moments from the last couple of weeks:

  • Over the Christmas holiday I made some cute gifts for our neighbors out of mason jars.  I spray painted the lid red, added a glittery letter for each neighbor's last name, and then bought some festive ribbon to place around the top once the goodies were inside.  Well, it took until we moved last weekend to deliver our nice little Christmas gifts to the neighbors.  So much for being on top of spreading holiday cheer.  But in my defense, we just recently celebrated Epiphany and the wisemen going to see baby Jesus and sharing their gifts with him, right?

  • During the loading of the moving vehicles, I sent Andrew on the mission of delivering the holiday goodies to each of our neighbors.  He felt very big doing this task.  He would take the jars one at a time, ring the neighbor's doorbell and tell them it was fun being their neighbor.  (I made homemade turtle candies to place in each of the jars.  Homemade Turtles: Ingredients - small pretzels, pecan halves and Rolos; Directions - Preheat oven to 250F, place pretzels on baking sheet, place an unwrapped Rolo on top of each pretzel, bake for approximately 5 minutes until the Rolos are softened (not completely melted).  Remove from oven and lightly press pecan half on top of each Rolo.  Enjoy!)

  • Terrible two's have certainly taken over the body of my cuddly little guy.  He will start to throw the biggest fit and then I will ask him if he needs a time out.  He immediately snaps out of the tantrum, puts on a huge smile, lunges into my arms and yells "Mommy!"  Then I melt.  How can you stay strong with cheeks and a smile like that?  I will be tough, I will be tough...

  • I took Andrew to his basketball game last night in the city we used to live in. (Mike and I are both adamant about finishing what you start, so now we drive.)  After the game we went to eat at a restaurant with my sister.  After chomping on several bites of yummy BBQ Andrew announces, "Alright! My tooth is loosed! My tooth is loosed!"  On the way home he called Mike to tell him the news.  "Daddy, you aren't going to believe this! I was eating some turkey and I accidentally bit the fork - and MY.TOOTH.IS.LOOSED!"  (yes, "ed" loosed!)  Tooth Fairy start saving your gold coins now!

  • It really is great to wake up and have Mike right there in the mornings.  I have really missed that...until this morning.  When you have short hair, things tend to be a little crazy in the morning.  Well, me being the oblivious person I am in the mornings (right, just the mornings), I finally realized he was snapping pictures of me on his PHONE!  Nice, now we all know what the talk at the golf course is going to be about today.  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...