Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dreams

I rarely dream, but when I do my dreams are long and very vivid. 

I have had only two reoccurring dreams that began in middle school and continued throughout high school.  I have only had one of these reoccurring dreams since college.  That made it sound like I have never dreamed of anything else, but I have.

I like to hear about other people's dreams and ponder on the meaning and what parts of the dream are significant to the person's life at the time.

Last night I had a dream.  It was a wonderful dream and I feel strongly about writing it down so that I remember it.  As you know with dreams, I'm already a little frustrated because I can't remember all of the details.  I'll try my best to capture as much as I can. 

God's Boat Dream

I was walking through a field with my family (mom, dad, sisters and Mike).  It was a place that felt comfortable. Somewhere that we had spent lots of time together laughing, playing and enjoying each other's company.

All of a sudden, I look up and we are standing immediately in front of a gigantic boat.  It was the biggest boat I have ever seen.  At first I wondered if we had found Noah's ark, but then I realized this was not that boat.

It was made of the most magnificent, regal wood (if wood can be regal, this was) I have ever seen.  It was so beautiful that it had a bluish glow.  I reached up to feel it, so smooth and soft.  I couldn't get over its beauty.

I then noticed in awe that whoever left a boat in this field was a miracle worker because the top of the boat had only a foot of clearance from the ceiling.  (Yes, I know a ceiling in a field, just hang with me here!)

When I turned back to my family, they were gone and standing in their place were men dressed in uniform.  I'm assuming they were some sort of police because they scooped me up and carried me away.

The next thing I remember, I'm sitting next to my mother wherever the men had taken us.  I asked her about the boat.  She told me that the men were scared of it.  I asked her why.  And she told me this story...

Long, long ago the boat belonged to two women who sailed it around the world.  They were adventurous and courageous.  They spent their entire lives on the boat.

While she was telling me these things, I could see the boat in its glory with the women aboard.  But it was not just a normal boat in water.  It looked more like something out of a Dr. Suess book.  Lots of colorful sails and flags blowing in the wind.  Below the boat were gadgets and gizmos that made the boat fly.

My mom finished her story by telling me she had always thought the story was a fable someone had told her, but now after seeing the boat she was excited to know that the story was true.

"Why did we find the boat?" I asked her.  She gave me a warm hug and said, "Maybe God is using you to let people know that the impossible is still happening, to have a little faith in the unknown and unseen."

I woke up.

I had goose bumps and a strong feeling of pride and peace knowing that God was using me for showing His grace and awesomeness to the people He surrounds me with daily. 

I have to admit that the past six months have been a struggle for me.  I have felt like I was giving up so much to move back to the community I grew up in.  So much has happened in my life since we have lived in the city we are moving from and there are so many wonderful people we will be leaving behind.  It has been hard to make my head listen to my heart - the move was the right thing for our family.

Through this tough time for me emotionally, I have known deep inside that God wants this to happen.  I have had to remember to trust Him. 

I think this dream signifies a new journey that is embarking in my life, and the realization that I have finally let go and let Christ take over once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...