Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hansen Sunday Comics

1.  Mike and his parents took Andrew to his first real, live Iowa Hawkeyes football game at Kinnick Stadium.  After a week of missing daddy badly, it was the perfect father-son weekend!  They had a blast!  Good bonding time in the very LONG car ride...early morning rise to tailgate in style...and then a quick stop by Great Grandpa and Grandma's house in Des Moines.  When I called to check in on the road trip, Andrew was on cloud nine.  I asked him how the game was.  He said "It was pretty awesome!  Everyone was yellin' and screamin'."  "What were you doing?" I asked.  "I was yelling 'Go Hawks!!!' too, mom. And whistling with my fingers like this - whoot!  Dad taught me how.  Then I was yelling like this "Ahawwwwwwww!  It was amazing."

2.  My aunt took a new job close to where we live.  She moved in with us today while she looks for a permanent place to live.  We are SO excited for her to stay with us for a week or two.  At the dinner table though, the conversation was too funny and she said she might just have to stay forever so she wouldn't miss any of Andrew's funny sayings.  Like this one... While telling my aunt the story of our trip to Texas and our excursion to the Ft. Worth Zoo, Andrew said "Well, we saw a huge poisionous snake.  He was SO BIG that he could eat me for chips and salsa and my dad for dinner!"

3.  Ryan is becoming quite the entertainer. From the moment my aunt stepped out of her car to the time he went to bed he was "on."  He was dancing like a storm when she first arrived.  He was showcasing the "break dancing" moves he has learned from older brother.  The kid loves a good beat!

4.  My youngest sister and I attempted to have a "girls' night in" last night.  I put the boys to bed and then we settled down to watch Bride Wars with a glass of wine.  Well, two sips and the end of the movie later, she wakes me up and says "Go to bed, the movie's over and I'm going home."  What a nice relaxing evening just us girls!

5.  Andrew had a rough week last week.  His best friend was on vacation with her family and not at school.  Mike was home for a couple of days and that sort of throws things in limbo when he goes back to work.  I receive an email from Andrew's teacher telling me he is having a hard time with the absence of his best friend.  But she also mentions that I will be interested in a picture he drew at school.  She said that it was shockingly very anatomically correct.  I wrote back and said that I hope she couldn't feel my red face beaming through the email, and yes, I would discuss the picture with him at home that evening.

Whew!  What a picture.  His teacher was right - very good detail in his drawing...daddy is certainly proud!

When I asked him about the picture, he first tried to tell me it was "his shorts".  I had to tell him he was not in trouble and he needed to tell me the truth.  He sorrowfully confessed "It's my daddy going potty."  "That's just fine," I said, "but we can't draw pictures or take pictures with a camera (thought I would throw that in for good measure) of people's private places."  He seemed to understand, but boy, what a tough one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...