Monday, November 21, 2011

Dreaming of Vampire Bites

Love your neighbor as yourself.  Mark 12:31

Okay, this has nothing to do with wooden crosses or garlic, but it is the verse Andrew and I are reciting in the car this week to memorize and meditate on throughout our day.  I don't know why, but Andrew does not seem to really like this verse.  We talked about what it meant... the whole "who do you think Jesus says your neighbor is?" discussion with my five year-old.  If only you could be a fly on the wall.

He l.o.v.e.s. Mark 12:30 and will stop me from repeating "love your neigh..." "Whoa mom!  I don't want to say that one! I want to say Mark 12:30!"  Could this have something to do with realizing how bossy he is being with his friends?  Do you think my five year-old is that insightful that he shys away from the verse that tells him how to treat others?  Andrew is trying SO hard these days.  It is sad to think about him having a rough time with friends at school.  He loves people in general so much.  I'll just have to find another verse that talks about loving one another that he warms to.

Over the weekend, Ryan started to truly decipher between his response of "yes" and "NO".  He is getting to be so big...using vocabulary, wanting to do so much on his own, and mirroring exactly what Andrew does - exactly!  Andrew watches TV in the chair, Ryan watches TV in the chair; Andrew plays with trains on his stomach on the floor, Ryan plays with trains on his stomach on the floor.  It is amazing to watch the brotherly love and the dynamics between the two of them.  They sure do think a lot of each other.  One of God's miracles.

Now, on to the vampires... Some girlfriends and I have not missed a date night yet revolving around the opening of a Twilight movie.  This weekend was no exception.  We were there last night for the first weekend of Breaking Dawn's opening.  The movies have gotten better along the way...directing, visual effects, and some of the acting.  BUT the most impressive thing of the movie last night was the Director's Suite of the Warren Theatre.  Oh my!  Movie theaters will never be the same again!  I overheard someone say that "This is the way Hollywood Moguls go to the movies!"  Ooh, la, la!

Not knowing what to expect, we walked into the doorway of the Director's Suite which opened up to a very fancy lounge area of its very own.  There were two theaters in the suite with about 50-55 chairs in each.  But not just any chairs - the.best.chairs.in.the.world!  The reclined with a touch of a button, gladly toasted my hiney and my back, and were simply the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.  Amazing!

I asked the gentleman who came over to give us a quick tutorial on how to use the chair, but obviously disappointed that we had already figured it out all on our own!  I caught him completely off guard when I asked "So, this is an overnight thing, right?"  "Ummm...ummm..."  "I mean, you are going to go to my house and watch my children while I enjoy your chair?"  "OH! Umm...no ma'am.  Sorry."  Disappointing, but it was worth the try and the panicked look on his face.

Movie was all that we expected...good looking werewolf, romantic, over-dramatic vampire, and humor in all the wrong places...simply a perfect girl's night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...