Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Love, Family and A Little Self-Reflection

This Labor Day weekend was a great weekend filled with loving family.  We swam (Papa and Andrew), had a picnic and played at the park, ate yogurt, enjoyed breakfast outside (in cool weather after 100+ days of 100 degree weather!), and fiinished up the weekend at the zoo.

Weekends like this one are good for the boys and me.  Since our little family is separated for the time being (until our house sells), it is nice to feel like we are put back together again over a weekend... for the most part.  The separation has been harder than I thought it would be.  There is no denying that plain fact.

This weekend I was reminded of 4 things:

1. God.Is.In.Control.  I have a purpose in this move and it revolves around God and my relationship with Him.  I have to let go and trust.  I must learn once again to silence my thoughts in prayer so I can hear God's whispers to me.

2. I love Mike tremendously.  God blessed with with this wonderful man and I will fight for him.  Even if it is against myself. I choose God and Mike every single morning I wake.  I will not take him for granted.

3. Life around and near family is wonderful.  Someone recently told me how lucky our boys will be to live so close to grandparents who will be  involved in their everyday lives.  I completely agree.  God has blessed us with four amazing grandparents.

4. Change, even for good things, is extremely difficult.  Even for a girl who likes change.

So, I have to come completely clean and share that I have made the comment outloud many, many times that I am trying to keep a positive attitude about this change - The Move.  But what I realized this weekend is the fact that I am not WORKING on a positive attitude. 

I am making a commitment to w.o.r.k. on this positive attitude by:

1. Seeking God at a purposeful time each day.  Praying. Listening. Reading His word.

2. I am going to start reading Dr. Gary Smalley's Hidden Keys of a Loving, Lasting Marriage.  He was one of the guest speaker's at Premier Design's National Rally in July.  (I will share more on the Dr. Smalley/National Rally experience later.)  I will ask Mike to read along with me.

3. I will get the adequate rest, nutrition and physical activitiy (expressed frustrations in previous post) I need in order to ensure I am not letting my body's well being (or lack of) get in the way of, run, dictate (all the above) my emotions.

4. I am only going to say positive, encouraging things about our change.

By sharing this with you, it will hold me accountable. 

Here's to change and a wonderful, blessed life.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...