Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lions, Tigers, Bears...Fur Real!

Today Andrew's class went to the Tiger Safari near Oklahoma City.  It was a wonderful adventure! 

Two buses of 4 and 5 year-olds, exotic animals so close you almost literally could reach out and touch them, and two bathrooms...need I say more! 

The "safari" started out with tortoise rides, a petting and educational talk session with several different animals, and a guided tour to see the other animals. 

They have some of the biggest, most majestic tigers I have ever seen.  However, I haven't seen tigers so up close and personal either.  They had kangaroos, llamas and a huge grizzly bear.  The kiddos were able to feed several of the animals, and Andrew's favorite moment was feeding the wart hog.  The wart hog - that's my son!



At the end of the guided tour, we went inside the educational center.  And there were more animals!

A huge iguana, an albino python, a joey (baby kangaroo), and a baby spider monkey were passed around to pet.  Shrieks and rolling laughter were a constant  The kids were going WILD!  It was a lot of fun!

We then ate lunch, and prepared for the hayride.  It was a short ride, but just right for the age group.



Once we left the Tiger Safari, we went over to the town we used to live in for Ryan's two year-old check up (finally!).  He received a clean bill of health and a shot (boo hoo!).  He was NOT a happy camper.

On our way home, we stopped at our favorite fast food restaurant, Chick-fil-a.  I decided to get just a sandwich, no fries, but added the yummy banana pudding milkshake.  I thought I was doing a good job by limiting the intake of fatty foods, subtracting one to have the other.

I actually have come up with a new weight loss tip, especially for those of you who are like me - sporting a sweet tooth and the will power of a robust kid in a candy store in Disneyland.

While driving down the highway on our way out of town, I picked up the shake for a scrumptious slurp.  And then dropped the cup in my lap along with half of the yummy goodness.  Stunned, shocked and COLD, I wasn't quite sure what to do (the effects of the cold!).  I finally realized I needed to pull over (HELLO! Genius!), and I made my way to the next exit and pulled off into a medical business park.

Not really sure what to do as I stared at the melting mess making its way around my posterior, so I decided to use the napkins (three total) I had to scoop up enough for me to get out of the car without a landslide of ice cream following me out.

I then climbed out of the car and began wiping myself off, realizing that this was not just ordinary ice cream but had small bits of cookie crumbs in it.  Nice.

Not only did it look like I had efficiently wet my pants, but also might have had another type of problem.

At this point I had not even thought of anyone seeing me wipe myself off...until I realized that there was a gentleman who seemed to be trying to figure out if I needed help or not.  Nice again.

I decided that I had cleaned it up enough and it was time to GO!

So this is my new weight loss strategy.  I don't necessarily like it, but it certainly cut my intake in half.  I could have had the fries!

Great ending to a very "I Love Lucy" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...