Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Eyes of a Child

Do you ever feel you have so much on your list to do or be involved in that you find yourself yearning for a certain date?  Awww...that date that the craziness will be behind you and you can take some time to relax and stay at home and make a plan so life doesn't get SO crazy again.

I seem to be yearning for dates like these over and over and over again.  What's wrong with this picture?  I never feel like there is the opportunity to slow down.  My sister says "Hello!  You do it to yourself!"  And Mike says, "Jesus said no, so you CAN say no too!" 

As much as I sometimes get worn out and burned out, I love giving of myself and  being a part of so many different, wonderful and fulfilling things - family, church, friends, work, and my jewelry business, just to name a few...

The hardest part about juggling everything right now is trying to sell our home.  It is so hard trying to be disciplined to make my bed every day, keeping the entire house picked up, and staying on top of the boys' rooms.  It has been on the market for 5 months now.  We have had excellent traffic of potential buyers...just no one making an offer.  I told our realtor yesterday that I was going to start charging admission to the newest museum in town - our home!

With Christmas right around the corner, Andrew is VERY excited about all of the traditions and the journey that marks this season.  I am focused on living through his innocent eagerness of the season to remember how I should be feeling, and to put aside all of the anxiety and pressure of grown up demands.

Rejoice in the meekness and grace that surrounds us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...