Friday, October 14, 2011

The Theatre, The Theatre

Oh, how I love the theatre!  Most everyone who knows me knows that I am dramatic (shock, I know!) and that I love to laugh.  Andrew has this bone in his body too.  Ryan is very funny natrually, but I don't see the over-dramatic side in him as much... at least not yet!

We do all love to laugh.  And why not, it just feels good!

However, this does tend to get me in trouble.  Especially with Mike when we are working on discplining Andrew for something.  But, golly, those facial expressions are just too funny!  I just can't surpress the bubbling of laughter that seeps out.  Man, do I try...but it is something that I have I very hard time doing.  Some people may say that this is immature, some might suggest that it is an attempt to avoid confrontation - and I would say absolutely, if it is that easy to avoid unpleasant confrontation then I am all about giggling - and some might say I need to show a stronger hand.

I say let the serious stuff be serious, absolutely.  Andrew came close to being hit by a car in a restuarant parking lot because he ran from my dad's side.  That was not a laughing matter.  In fact he had some serious sobs in the parking lot because he knew how upset I was.

But when it comes down to getting upset about a glass of spilled milk or even a case of telling your child to go brush his teeth and finish getting ready for bed for the hundredth time, I don't find it necessary to be so hard nosed.

Laughter is good for the soul...and proven to help your body heal faster from things like major surgery (remember Patch Adams?).  I don't think that we as a society, or busy moms and dads, take the time to defuse a situation, that does not have to be so serious, with laughter.


Santa Beards: Just a little bit of the endorsed silliness that goes on at our house.

LOL.  LOL.  LOL.  Doesn't it feel good to share in a good, geniune laugh with those you surround yourself with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...