Thursday, September 1, 2011

Capturing Time for Family and Friends

This writing is really from Monday, August 29th.  Sorry... No excuses, life is full!

Family.  Friends.  Time to spend with those closest to me.  And feelng like I am not letting them down with life being so full that I forget to slow down and taake the time to be near them.

I don't know if you ever have this problem, but I am constantly on the go and I don't feel like I have time to call, write or spend time with the people in my life that are important to me.

This fact really hit home this weekend while the boys and I were at a water park.  I look over and there is a family friend that I haven't seen in well over two years.  The really sad part is that we live 20 minutes away from each other!  I have thought of her and her family often, but just have not acted on the impulses to call or visit her.

Why do I struggle with staying in touch with people whom I love to spend time with?  And how do other women seem to have it all together when it comes to spending time with friends (or at least appear to)?

I struggle with this even with my own family.  Days will quickly go by, and then weeks, and then before I know it two months will have flown by and I have not called or emailed. 

It's not that I don't think about these wonderful people in my life, and I am constantly praying for people., Why do I not seem to be able to make the leap from the thought to actually picking up the phone and simply telling them "I'm thinking of you"?

I need to find those little moments in my day where I can make significant touches to the people I love.  I am turning over a new leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...