Friday, August 26, 2011

Insight to the Hansen Handful...

Life changes in a hurry, as we all know too well.  Our life, my husband Mike and our two little boys, is changing a lot all at once.  For this reason, I decided to begin to document our new life journey.  This also comes about because of the influence of a good friend who is a known “celebrity” in the blogging world.  I really like the idea of releasing thoughts, joys, and tribulations of life in one place. This way friends who we are leaving behind can keep up with our clan, and so I can still feel attached to everyone.

I am the world's worst at recording life moments and milestones or even capturing them on film (or digital devices).  I pray that this does not some day hinder the loving relationship I have with my two little bundles of joy when they get older.  I hate to say that this trait of not documenting life's milestones is hereditary, but it clearly is.  I also hate to confess that I was going to put some sort of end to this gene trait three years ago.  I found a huge box of pictures at my parents house in a closet and thought it would be a great Christmas present to my mom to organize them in photo albums.  The task just became too overwhelming, and I wimped out.  Guess where the box has been for the last three years?  Yes...you guessed it, at the back of my closet!

Hence another reason why this blogging adventure might just turn out to be a great way to capture some of those funny moments that happen around here with a very dramatic four-year-old and a dancin' fool of 18-months.

For instance, I mentioned this huge change in our lives... we are in the process of moving if you couldn't figure that out from the staying in touch comment above.  Mike is living with my parents!  And the boys and I are living in our home which we are in the middle of trying to sell so we will, hopefully soon, be reunited as a family once again.  To move on to the antics of the four year-old, last night the doorbell rang at 8pm, thinking it was the neighbor boys I answered the door.  Andrew was in his underwear ready for bed.  It was not our neighbor boys standing underneath the porch light, but a realtor and a family (very cute I might add).  Needless to say, wires got crossed and I never received the notification of anyone coming by to look at the house!  Long story short, they decided to go ahead and look around while I tried to corral the dog (Lucy, the border collie) and the extremely hospitable 4 year-old to the back bedroom. 

I gave up on Andrew and took the dog back first.  When I came flying back around the corner, I hear Andrew giving the grand tour..."And this is our living room and you can see our other dog Zoe outside in the back yard.  Let me bring her in so you can meet her better."  "No, Andrew, we are not going to let Zoe in.  We are going to give these nice peoople some privaacy."  "Well, this is our kitchen.  I am sorry it is a little bit of a mess, but my mom hasn't cleaned it up yet after we ated dinner..."  Finally, after scooping him up we were all out of the hair of our important visitors. 

Then it hit me, I had just holed us up in the master bedroom, which is a deal breaker in a potential sell.  So I stuck my head out of the door and asked if they would like us to change rooms.  They ended up just coming in to the room with Andrew sitting on the bed watching Sprout.  After peering into the bathroom and closet, they reentered the bedroom and Andrew turned and politely asked "Well, are you going to by our house or not?"

Our realtor called this afternoon to confirm a second showing for the couple.  I told him that he was going to have to give part of his commission check to Andrew in the form of some great toy cars since he was working as his closer.  And, yes, the whole time negotiating the offer in his Lightening McQueen underwear!

Life is great and abundantly blessed.  I hope to use this recording venue to capture all of the precious, and not so precious, moments along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...